The festive season is still going strong! With the New Year just a little over a week old, EVERYONE is still big on shopping. I myself have quite a bit of shopping still left. And seeing how all of Delhi can only think of the malls to go to for shopping, I have to keep all my options open, which is what led me to Flipkart. They have a newly introduced Women’s Lifestyle Section and it has been introduced at the perfect time. I NEED to shop.
At first glance it can seem a bit overwhelming because they have a huge variety of product categories and brands to offer, it gets easier as you start exploring the section. I really want to indulge myself in a sort of fusion look for this festive season and found quite a few great products that I can definitely purchase. And mind you, fusion is not an easy look to get together. Here are some fabulous products I’ve picked out. And no need to get stuck in the crazy holiday traffic either. Win – win!!
The festive season is a particular time of the year where I let my inner – girl take the front wheel. The rest of the year its mostly only about comfort and getting by. Which is why you’ll see pinks and reds and glitter right now. I love how this entire ensemble has come together. Feminine, not too loud, not too subtle and completely co-ordinated. Most importantly festive and having a bit of fusion going on with the Indian blouse paired with a maxi skirt that can be worn high waist.
(1) Maybelline Color Sensational Moisture Extreme Lip Color – ₹ 399/ – The perfect lipstick shade for both day and night
(2) Juvalia Metal Necklace – ₹ 1375/ – Co-ordinated with the blouse/top. Will look great since the outfit is in solid colors and this will break the monotony
(3) 9rasa Jewel Neck Women’s Blouse – ₹ 1499/ – A lovely close neck blouse which is being used as a top over a maxi skirt Cropped tops are all the rage currently.
(4) Tokyo Talkies Solid Women’s Skirt – ₹ 862/ – A great deep red shade and very versatile. This skirt will look fabulous when worn high-waisted with the cropped top.
(5) Catwalk Heels – ₹ 1695/ – Deep red heels which have an Indian Kolhapuri Chappal touch to lend a further fusion factor. Co-ordinated with the skirt.
(6) Versace Bright Crystal Eau de Toilette – 90 ml – ₹ 3430/ – A very feminine fragrance which will compliment the entire outfit. You are never really completely dressed until you have perfume on!
(7) Scrunchh Metal Bracelet – ₹ 375/ – Since the necklace is an elaborate statement one, the only other accessory, if required, could be a solid golden bracelet like this one for some balance.
(8) Lakme Absolute Gel Stylist 15 ml in Scarlet Red – ₹ 400/ – I’ve only recently started becoming a fan of nail paints. Though I still need to equip myself with the skill set of actually applying these myself (read – I am horrible at doing it), nail paints are an important part of a look and this one fits perfectly!
(9) Berrypeckers Glitter Box Clutch in Gold – ₹ 1850/ – A very versatile clutch because it can be worn with pretty much any festive/party outfit, this gold clutch is a glamorous option of carrying your makeup essentials and cellphone while you are out partying!
I would love to know what you think of the look that I have put together. While I do realize this is not meant for all women since many of us(including myself) don’t have abs or toned midriffs, a lot can be avoided if the skirt is worn as a high waisted one. Which is your favourite product from my picks?